"Pure and lasting religion in the sight of God our Father means that we must care for orphans and widows in their troubles, and refuse to let the world corrupt us” James 1:27
"For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger and you invited me into your home. I was naked and you gave me clothing. I was sick and you cared for me. I was in prison and you visited me” Matthew 25:35,36.
This is exactly what Voice of the Christian Martyrs is doing among the victims of religious intolerance, particularly here in Kano before and after May 11, 2004.
They came and provided the following :
1. They brought food items such as Rice, Beans etc.
2. The ministry also gave Christian literatures and Bibles to the victims of May 11 religious crises.
3. They delivered the items hand to hand to the victims.
4. They also gave money to them to alleviate the suffering of widows who lost their husbands during the riots.
5. They granted sponsorship to 12 orphans from Kano State. They took them to Abeokuta Ogun State for free education.
I wish to recommend that this ministry be granted all moral and financial support so that their work can progress. May God continue to use them to meet the needs of the less-privileged.