The guiding principle of SCI is that students are rewarded for positive achievement - what they know, understand and can do - rather than penalised for an accumulation of errors. The curriculum encourages not just the acquisition of knowledge, but also:
- The development of oral and practical skills
- An investigative approach
- The use of initiative to solve problems
- Application of skills, knowledge and understanding
- The ability to undertake individual projects and to work as part of a team.
- Vocational training
Our curriculum centers on Child Development, Language Acquisition, Child Care and Health, Developmental Activities for Infants and Toddlers, Communication, the Child in Society and School. The school provides an integrated curriculum that aims at giving the child a well rounded education. The curriculum being implemented is the National curriculum. This is, however, integrated with biblical principles to make children God-fearing, disciplined and responsible. The core subjects in the curriculum are reading, writing, and arithmetic (the